This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by a parent indicates understanding of the instructions on the care of a child ... (Read 28 times)

cagreen833

Which statement made by a parent indicates understanding of the instructions on the care of a child with conjunctivitis?

a. I should treat my other children with these eye drops to prevent the spread of the dis-ease..
  b. My child must remain home from school until he has received 72 hours of antibiotic drops..
  c. I should avoid touching the tip of the ointment tube to my child's eye..
  d. My child may go back to wearing his contact lens 24 hours after treatment has started..

Question 2

Place in order the steps a nurse should follow when initiating cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an infant found unresponsive, not breathing, with no pulse. Begin with the initial step and end with the last step.

Use the following format for your Answer: A, B, C, D a. Open the airway.
  b. Check for responsiveness.
  c. Begin chest compressions.d Check for a brachial pulse.
 e. Give two breaths.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnharpe

Answer to Question 1

C
Care should be taken to avoid touching the tip of the ointment tube or dropper to the eye to avoid contamination of the medication. To avoid cross-contamination, medication should never be shared. The child should remain home from school until he has had 24 hours of medication. The child should not wear a contact lens until treatment is completed.

Answer to Question 2

B, D, C, A, E

The steps in CPR are now to begin chest compressions first before opening the airway and giving breaths. The first step should be checking for responsiveness and a brachial pulse, and then chest compressions are initiated. After chest compressions the airway is opened and breaths are given. The chest compression and breathing cycle is continued until help arrives or if alone 911 is called after 2 minutes of giving compressions and breaths.

cagreen833

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library