This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has completed a teaching session for parents on school-age childrens' expected developmental ... (Read 19 times)

laurencescou

A nurse has completed a teaching session for parents on school-age childrens' expected developmental milestones. The parents need further teaching if they indicate which behavior is expected in a school-age child?

a. Experiments with profanity and dirty jokes
  b. Laughs at silly jokes and enjoys using words
  c. Understands the concept of conservation
  d. Engages in fantasy and magical thinking

Question 2

Which statement made by a mother of a school-age boy indicates a need for further teaching?

a. My child is playing soccer this year..
  b. He is always busy with his friends playing games. He is very active..
  c. I limit his television watching to about 2 hours a day..
  d. I am glad his coach emphasizes the impor-tance of winning in today's society..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diesoon

Answer to Question 1

D
The preschool child engages in fantasy and magical thinking. The school-age child moves away from this type of thinking and becomes more skeptical and logical. Belief in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny ends in this period of development. The school-age child goes through a period in which profanity and dirty jokes are explored. This behavior is not unusual for the school-age child. The school-age child has a sense of humor. His increased language mastery and increased logic allow for appreciation of plays on words, jokes, and incongruities. The school-age child understands conservation or that properties of objects do not change when their order, form, or appearance does.

Answer to Question 2

D
Team sports are important for the development of sportsmanship and teamwork and for exercise and refinement of motor skills. A coach who emphasizes winning and strict discipline is not appropriate for children in this age group. Team sports such as soccer are appropriate for exercise and refinement of motor skills. School-age children need to participate in physical activities, which contribute to their physical fitness skills and well-being. Limiting television to 2 hours a day is an appropriate restriction. School-age children should be encouraged to participate in physical activities.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

AISCAMPING

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library