This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mother asks the nurse, When should I begin to clean my baby's teeth? What is the best response for ... (Read 68 times)

Mr. Wonderful

A mother asks the nurse, When should I begin to clean my baby's teeth? What is the best response for the nurse?

a. You can begin when all her baby teeth are in..
  b. You can easily begin now. Just put some toothpaste on a gauze pad to clean the teeth..
  c. I don't think you have to worry about that until she can handle a toothbrush..
  d. You can begin as soon as your child has a tooth. The easiest way is to take cotton swabs or a face cloth and just wipe the teeth. Toothpaste is not necessary..

Question 2

Which statement made by a 14-year-old adolescent who is newly diagnosed with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I should eat meals and snack at the same time every day..
  b. Exercise will decrease my insulin require-ments..
  c. It is okay to drink chocolate milk with meals..
  d. I need to check my sugars before meals and at bedtime..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bob

Answer to Question 1

D
An infant's teeth need to be cleaned as soon as they erupt. Cleaning the teeth with cotton swabs or a face cloth is appropriate. Waiting until all the baby teeth are in is inappropriate and prolongs cleaning until 2 years of age. Because toothpaste contains fluoride and infants will swallow the toothpaste, parents should avoid its use. Even when a child has the ability to hold a toothbrush, the parent should continue cleaning the child's teeth.

Answer to Question 2

C
Chocolate milk is high in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates raise blood glucose levels. A beverage low in carbohydrates is a better choice. Meals and snacks should be eaten at regular times. Exercise decreases insulin requirements. Checking serum glucose before breakfast and dinner is appropriate.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library