This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When planning a parenting class, the nurse should explain that the leading cause of death in ... (Read 79 times)

mydiamond

When planning a parenting class, the nurse should explain that the leading cause of death in children 1 to 4 years of age in the United States is:

a. premature birth.
  b. congenital anomalies.
  c. accidental death.
  d. respiratory tract illness.

Question 2

Which statement made by a parent indicates an understanding about the management of a child with cellulitis?

a. I am supposed to continue the antibiotic until the redness and swelling disappear..
  b. I have been putting ice on my son's arm to relieve the swelling..
  c. I should call the doctor if the redness disappears..
  d. I have been putting a warm soak on my son's arm every 4 hours..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

C
Accidents are the leading cause of death in children ages 1 to 19 years. Disorders of short gestation and unspecified low birth weight make up one of the leading causes of death in neonates. One of the leading causes of infant death after the first month of life is congenital anomalies. Respiratory tract illnesses are a major cause of morbidity in children.

Answer to Question 2

D
Warm soaks applied every 4 hours while the child is awake increase circulation to the infected area, relieve pain, and promote healing. The parent should not discontinue antibiotics when signs of infection disappear. To ensure complete healing, the parent should understand that the entire course of antibiotics should be given as prescribed. A warm soak is indicated for the treatment of cellulitis. Ice will decrease circulation to the affected area and inhibit the healing process. The disappearance of redness indicates healing and is not a reason to seek medical advice.

mydiamond

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library