This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: At a routine annual examination a woman states, I never check my breasts. I feel so anxious about ... (Read 12 times)

mspears3

At a routine annual examination a woman states, I never check my breasts. I feel so anxious about doing it correctly.. The nurse's most appropriate response would be:

1. There is no need for you to be anxious. Of course you are doing it correctly..
  2. Let me demonstrate how to examine your breasts, and then you can practice while I observe how you do it..
  3. Tell me about your anxiety; maybe I can help..
  4. You should check your breasts once a month, just after your menses begins..

Question 2

A 6-month-old is admitted to the hospital because of a fever. When you obtain a health history, what data would you obtain first?

A) Details about the fever
  B) Family profile
  C) History of past illnesses
  D) Review of systems

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kingjoffery

Answer to Question 1

1. Incorrect. The nurse should be respectful of the patient's feelings and acknowledge any anxiety. Additionally, without proper assessment, the nurse does not know if the patient is performing a BSE correctly.
2. Correct. During the physical assessment and evaluation, the responsibility for self-care, health promotion, and enhancement of wellness is emphasized. The nurse provides opportu-nity for the woman to ask questions and provides teaching when applicable. The nurse should provide feedback for good self-care practiced by the woman.
3. Incorrect. Although this demonstrates empathy, the nurse is neglecting the opportunity to provide teaching of self-care behaviors.
4. Incorrect. This statement is inaccurate. The BSE should be performed 5 to 7 days after menses has ended.

Answer to Question 2

A

mspears3

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library