This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The parents of a school-aged child with school phobia have taken her to three different ... (Read 55 times)

anjilletteb

The parents of a school-aged child with school phobia have taken her to three different psychiatrists trying to resolve this problem. Based on this, which of the following nursing diagnoses would be most appropriate?

A) Disturbed thought processes related to difficulty in school adjustment
  B) Compromised parental coping related to inability to enforce school attendance
  C) Noncompliance with expected school behavior related to school phobia
  D) Ineffective tissue perfusion, cerebral, related to anxiety over attending school

Question 2

Molly is a primipara who delivered a 7 pound, 3 ounce baby girl 10 days ago. During a home visit, the nurse discovers that the baby has lost 11 ounces since birth. She suspects that Molly may be having difficulties with breastfeeding.

The nurse inquires how breastfeeding is pro-ceeding. Molly replies, I don't think my milk is going to come in. My breasts are too big. I am going to wait a few more days and then try to breastfeed again.. The nurse asks Molly if she is bottle-feeding the baby and how much formula the baby is taking every day. Molly replies Oh, I don't want to bottle-feed the baby. I am just going to wait until my milk comes in.. Based on this information, what nursing diagnosis would take priority in planning Mol-ly's care? 1. Pain
  2. Ineffective coping
  3. Caregiver role strain
  4. Deficient knowledge

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

livaneabi

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

1. Incorrect. Although the patient may indeed be experiencing pain, it is not indicated in the information provided.
2. Incorrect. Although the patient may indeed be experiencing ineffective coping, it is not indicated in the information provided.
3. Incorrect. The patient appears to exhibit signs of role strain related to being a first-time mother. However, this is not the priority.
4. Correct. Molly is displaying a lack of knowledge regarding proper nutrition for her newborn. The baby has lost more than 10 body weight and is not receiving any form of in-take. Furthermore, Molly has incorrect preconceived notions regarding milk production and breastfeeding.

anjilletteb

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

anyusername12131

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library