This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse recognizes that a woman is in true labor when she states: 1. I passed some thick, pink ... (Read 23 times)

olgavictoria

The nurse recognizes that a woman is in true labor when she states:

1. I passed some thick, pink mucus when I urinated this morning..
  2. My bag of waters just broke..
  3. The contractions in my uterus are getting stronger and closer together..
  4. My baby dropped and I have to urinate more frequently now..

Question 2

Alternative and complementary therapies:

1. replace conventional Western modalities of treatment.
  2. are used by only a small number of American adults.
  3. recognize the value of patients' input into their health care.
  4. focus primarily on the disease an individual is experiencing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amcvicar

Answer to Question 1

1. Incorrect. Loss of mucous plug (operculum) often occurs during the first stage of labor or prior to the onset of labor, but is not the indicator of true labor.
2. Incorrect. Spontaneous rupture of membranes often occurs during the first stage of labor, but is not the indicator of true labor.
3. Correct. Regular, strong contractions with the presence of cervical change indicates that the woman is experiencing true labor.
4. Incorrect. The presenting part of the fetus typically becomes engaged in the pelvis at the onset of labor, but is not the indicator of true labor.

Answer to Question 2

1. Incorrect. Alternative and complementary therapies are part of an integrative approach to health care.
2. Incorrect. An increasing number of American adults are seeking alternative and comple-mentary health care options.
3. Correct. Many popular alternative healing modalities offer human-centered care based on philosophies that recognize the value of the patient's input and honor the individual's beliefs, values, and desires.
4. Incorrect. Alternative healing modalities offer a holistic approach to health, focusing on the whole person, not just the disease.

olgavictoria

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

bigsis44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library