This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new mother is found holding the baby at arm's length, avoiding eye contact, and requesting the ... (Read 28 times)

geoffrey

A new mother is found holding the baby at arm's length, avoiding eye contact, and requesting the baby be kept in the nursery throughout the day.

When the nurse explores the mother's feelings for the newborn, the mother states, I'm so disappointed that it's a boy. I really wanted a girl. I already have two boys at home, and the last thing I needed was another one. The priority action for the nurse is to: A) provide the mother with the name of a good nanny service. B) notify the authorities that the newborn probably will be the victim of child abuse. C) ask the mother how old her other boys are. D) tell the nurse supervisor, who will make a referral to a family counselor.

Question 2

The nurse teaches the breastfeeding mother that milk production can be increased during lactation by:

A) waiting longer between feedings, at least 4-6 hours. B) making sure the breast is completely empty at each feeding. C) feeding more often for shorter periods of time, alternating breasts. D) taking one estrogen tablet daily to boost levels and increase milk production.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaquita

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

geoffrey

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Mochi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library