Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client under great stress. The client describes feeling nervous and having ... (Read 34 times)

kodithompson

The nurse is caring for a client under great stress. The client describes feeling nervous and having difficulty focusing on her work. Pulse and respiratory rate are slightly elevated.

The nurse recognizes this client is experiencing what level of anxiety? A) severe anxiety B) moderate anxiety C) mild anxiety D) panic

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a pregnant 16-year-old who says, I don't want my mother to know I'm pregnant. Please don't tell her. The nurse's best response would be:

A) I'm sorry, but it would be unethical for me not to tell your mother you are pregnant. B) I'm sorry, but I am legally obligated to talk with your mother. C) I'm afraid you'll have to talk to your obstetrician, because she is the one to make that decision. D) You have the right to confidentiality, and I cannot legally share the information that you are pregnant with anyone but you.

tranoy

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library