This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is teaching a woman with genital ulcers how to care for them. Which statement by the client ... (Read 16 times)

D2AR0N

A nurse is teaching a woman with genital ulcers how to care for them. Which statement by the client indicates a need for additional teaching?

A) I need to wash my hands after touching any of the ulcers..
  B) I need to abstain from intercourse primarily when the lesions are present..
  C) I should avoid applying ice or heat to my genital area..
  D) I can try lukewarm sitz baths to help ease the discomfort..

Question 2

An infant with congenital heart disease is to undergo surgery to correct the defect. The mother states, I guess I'm going to have to stop breastfeeding her.. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A) That's true, but we'll make sure she gets the best intravenous nutrition..
  B) Unfortunately, your baby needs more nutrients than what breast milk can provide..
  C) Breast milk may help to boost her immune system, so you can continue to use it..
  D) She won't be able to suck, so we have to give her fortified formula through a tube..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mtmmmmmk

Answer to Question 1

B
For genital ulcers, the client needs to abstain from intercourse during the prodromal period and when lesions are present. The client should wash her hands after touching the lesions to avoid inoculation and avoid extremes of temperature such as ice packs or hot pads to the genital area. Comfort measures such as lukewarm sitz baths can be helpful.

Answer to Question 2

C
Breastfeeding a child before and after cardiac surgery may boost the infant's immune system, which can help fight postoperative infection. If breastfeeding is not possible, mothers can pump milk and the breast milk may be given via bottle, dropper, or gavage feeding. In addition, breastfeeding is associated with decreased energy expenditure during the act of feeding.

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library