This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 10-month-old is brought to the emergency department by her parents after they found her face down ... (Read 46 times)

A 10-month-old is brought to the emergency department by her parents after they found her face down in the bathtub. The mother said, I just left the bathroom to answer the phone. When I came back, I found her.

Which of the following assessments would be the priority? A) Airway, breathing, and circulation
  B) Level of consciousness
  C) Vital signs
  D) Pupillary response

Question 2

A nursing instructor is presenting a class for a group of students about community-based nursing interventions.

The instructor determines that additional teaching is needed when the students identify which of the following as a role of the community-based nurse? A) Conducting childbirth education classes
  B) Counseling a pregnant teen with anemia
  C) Consulting with a parent of a child who is vomiting
  D) Performing epidemiologic investigations

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Loise Hard

Answer to Question 1

A
With a submersion injury, hypoxia is the primary problem. Therefore, assessment of airway, breathing, and circulation are the priority assessments for which the nurse would institute resuscitative measures. Other assessments such as level of consciousness, vital signs, and papillary response would be done once the child's airway, breathing, and circulation are assessed and emergency interventions are instituted.

Answer to Question 2

D
Community health nurses, not community-based nurses, perform epidemiologic investigations to help analyze and develop health policy and community health initiatives. Community-based nurses are involved in teaching, such as childbirth education classes; counseling, such as with a pregnant teenager; and consulting with clients.

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nguyenhoanhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library