This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A school-age child comes into the emergency clinic complaining of knee pain that started while ... (Read 31 times)

HCHenry

A school-age child comes into the emergency clinic complaining of knee pain that started while playing soccer. What will the nurse most likely observe when assessing this child's knee?

A) Edema
  B) Erythema
  C) Contusions
  D) Mottled skin

Question 2

Before discharging a school-age child being treated for a snake bite, the nurse instruct ways to prevent additional bites in the future. Which statement indicates that teaching provided to this child has been effective?

A) I should wear long pants when out of doors..
  B) I should look at rocks before touching them..
  C) I should poke a snake with a stick before touching it..
  D) I should spray a snake with water before picking it up..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chelseyj.hasty

Answer to Question 1

A
Participation in sports such as soccer is a frequent cause of knee injuries in children and usually involves the ligaments surrounding the knee. Immediately after the injury, the child reports severe pain in the knee, and localized edema becomes evident. Erythema, contusions, and mottled skin are not associated with a knee injury caused by participation in a sport.

Answer to Question 2

B
Common safety rules to avoid snake bites include being aware that snakes like to sit in the sun on warm rocks. The child should look at a rock before touching it to prevent a snake bite. Wearing long pants will not necessarily prevent snake bits. Snakes should not be poked or sprayed with water. Snakes should be identified in underbrush and under rocks. Snakes should also be identified by sound and markings.

HCHenry

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library