This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse observes a toddler riding a tricycle and decides that the parents need additional safety ... (Read 34 times)

ap345

The nurse observes a toddler riding a tricycle and decides that the parents need additional safety education. What did the nurse observe?

A) Toddler wearing a helmet
  B) Toddler wearing long pants
  C) Toddler wearing tennis shoes
  D) Toddler not wearing a helmet

Question 2

A nurse is assessing a postpartum client who is at home. Which statement by the client would lead the nurse to suspect that the client may be developing postpartum depression?

A) I just feel so overwhelmed and tired..
  B) I'm feeling so guilty and worthless lately..
  C) It's strange, one minute I'm happy, the next I'm sad..
  D) I keep hearing voices telling me to take my baby to the river..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mbcrismon

Answer to Question 1

D
Toddlers need to wear a helmet as soon as they begin riding a tricycle. Parents are not as conscientious about using helmets as they are for bicycle riding so this is an area where health teaching is necessary. Wearing a helmet would be expected, and the nurse would not need to provide additional safety education for the parents. Long pants and tennis shoes do not pose a safety issue.

Answer to Question 2

B
Indicators for postpartum depression include feelings related to restlessness, worthlessness, guilt, hopeless, and sadness along with loss of enjoyment, low energy level, and loss of libido. Thus, the statement by the mother about feeling guilty and worthless suggest postpartum depression. The statements about being overwhelmed and fatigued and changing moods suggest postpartum blues. The statement about hearing voices suggests postpartum psychosis.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library