This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A postpartum patient is concerned about loose tissue around the abdominal area. Which exercise ... (Read 22 times)

storky111

A postpartum patient is concerned about loose tissue around the abdominal area. Which exercise should the nurse recommend that the patient begin on postpartum day 2 to strengthen and tighten these muscles?

A) Sit-ups
  B) Chin-to-chest
  C) Pelvic rocking
  D) Kegel exercises

Question 2

A father of a newborn tells the nurse, I may not know everything about being a dad, but I'm going to do the best I can for my son.. The nurse interprets this as indicating the father is in which stage of adaptation?

A) Expectations
  B) Transition to mastery
  C) Reality
  D) Taking-in

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittiany.barnes

Answer to Question 1

B
The chin-to-chest exercise is excellent for the second day to tighten abdominal muscles. The exercise can be done 3 or 4 times a day, and the patient should feel the abdominal muscles pull and tighten if it is being done correctly. Sit-ups, pelvic rocking, and Kegel exercises are not identified to assist with tightening the muscles of the abdominal region.

Answer to Question 2

B
The father's statement reflects transition to mastery because he is making a conscious decision to take control and be at the center of the newborn's life regardless of his preparedness. The expectations stage involves preconceptions about how life will be with a newborn. Reality occurs when fathers realize their expectations are not realistic. Taking-in is a phase of maternal adaptation.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library