This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant patient wants to use an alternative birthing center for the birth of her baby. Which ... (Read 42 times)

sarasara

A pregnant patient wants to use an alternative birthing center for the birth of her baby. Which information should the nurse provide the patient regarding this birthing approach?

A) Birth is viewed as a wellness event.
  B) There are no physicians in attendance.
  C) Breastfeeding is not encouraged or supported.
  D) A birthing center has no advantages over a home birth.

Question 2

A pregnant patient is planning to give birth to the baby at home. Which patient statement indicates to the nurse that this patient is a good candidate for this birthing option?

A) All women in my family have had easy labors..
  B) I want to have a baby without boring prenatal care..
  C) I know nothing about birth so a hospital intimidates me..
  D) I have no health problems and follow good self-care practices..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briseldagonzales

Answer to Question 1

A
Alternative birthing centers are wellness-oriented childbirth facilities. These facilities are located near an acute care hospital in the event a physician is needed for the birthing process. Alternative birthing centers do not promote nor condone any specific action such as breastfeeding. Because a birthing center is located near a hospital, they are safer than home deliveries.

Answer to Question 2

D
To be a candidate for a home birth, a woman should be in good overall health. A family history of easy labor is not a criterion for a home birth. Avoiding prenatal care might jeopardize the patient's health status, leading to her not being a candidate for a home birth. Being intimidated by hospitals is not a criterion for a home birth.

sarasara

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library