Author Question: A nurse is working with a pregnant woman to schedule follow-up visits for her pregnancy. Which ... (Read 22 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

A nurse is working with a pregnant woman to schedule follow-up visits for her pregnancy. Which statement by the woman indicates that she understands the scheduling?

A) I need to make visits every 2 months until I'm 36 weeks pregnant..
  B) Once I get to 28 weeks, I have to come twice a month..
  C) From now until I'm 28 weeks, I'll be coming once a month..
  D) I'll make sure to get a day off every 2 weeks to make my visits.

Question 2

A pregnant patient asks if an over-the-counter vitamin can be taken during pregnancy instead of the prescribed prenatal vitamin.

What should the nurse explain as the chief ingredient in prenatal vitamins that makes them important for pregnancy nutrition? A) Folic acid
  B) Vitamin C
  C) Potassium
  D) Vitamin B12

vboyd24

Answer to Question 1

C
Continuous prenatal care is important for a successful pregnancy outcome. The recommended follow-up visit schedule for a healthy pregnant woman is as follows: every 4 weeks up to 28 weeks (7 months); every 2 weeks from 29 to 36 weeks; every week from 37 weeks to birth.

Answer to Question 2

A
Folic acid is added to maternal prenatal vitamins because of the threat of developing anemia. The pregnant patient should take a prenatal vitamin that contains a folic acid supplement of 0.4 to 0.6 mg, which may or may not be a part of an over-the-counter vitamin supplement. Vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B12 are important; however, do not have the same risk of developing a health problem if not present in a prenatal vitamin supplement.