This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An adolescent asks which sport would be safe for her to learn during pregnancy. Which activity ... (Read 71 times)

casperchen82

An adolescent asks which sport would be safe for her to learn during pregnancy. Which activity should the nurse suggest to the patient?

A) Skiing
  B) Jogging
  C) Bicycling
  D) Swimming

Question 2

A pregnant patient enjoys exercising at a local health spa once a week. Which patient comment indicates to the nurse that additional health teaching is needed?

A) I'm learning to play table tennis..
  B) I limit exercising to low-impact aerobics..
  C) The gym gets hot and stuffy by midmorning..
  D) Nothing feels nicer than a hot tub soak after exercise..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carolinefletcherr

Answer to Question 1

D
Swimming is a good activity for pregnant women and is not contraindicated as long as membranes are intact. It increases muscle tone but may help relieve backache. Pregnancy is not the time to learn to ski or ride a bicycle because the lack of skill could result in many falls. Jogging is questionable because of the strain the extra weight of pregnancy places on the knees.

Answer to Question 2

D
Pregnant women should not soak for long periods in extremely hot water or hot tubs because heat exposure for a lengthy time could lead to hyperthermia in the fetus and birth defects, specifically esophageal atresia, omphalocele, and gastroschisis. Playing table tennis, performing low-impact aerobics, and the environment of the gym are not comments that indicate the need for additional teaching.

casperchen82

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library