This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman in her second trimester comes for a follow-up visit and says to the nurse, I feel like I'm ... (Read 12 times)

luminitza

A woman in her second trimester comes for a follow-up visit and says to the nurse, I feel like I'm on an emotional roller-coaster.. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A) How often has this been happening to you?
  B) Maybe you need some medication to level things out..
  C) Mood swings are completely normal during pregnancy..
  D) Have you been experiencing any thoughts of harming yourself?

Question 2

The nurse should know that the results of untreated amblyopia (lazy eye) in the child may include

a. Impaired depth perception
  b. Strabismus
  c. Color deficiency
  d. Ptosis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nital

Answer to Question 1

C
Emotional lability is characteristic throughout most pregnancies. One moment a woman can feel great joy, and within a short time she can feel shock and disbelief. Frequently, pregnant women will start to cry without any apparent cause. Some women feel as though they are riding an emotional roller-coaster.. These extremes in emotion can make it difficult for partners and family members to communicate with the pregnant woman without placing blame on themselves for their mood changes. Clear explanations about how common mood swings are during pregnancy are essential.

Answer to Question 2

A
Feedback
A Untreated amblyopia causes the child to lose binocular vision, which may impair
depth perception.
B Amblyopia, or decreased vision in the deviated eye, can result from strabismus.
C Color deficiency is not a result of amblyopia.
D Ptosis, or drooping of the eyelid, is not a result of untreated amblyopia.

luminitza

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

brbarasa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library