This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Critical thinkers are careful to assess both the evidence discovered through research and their own ... (Read 34 times)

sheilaspns

Critical thinkers are careful to assess both the evidence discovered through research and their
  own thoughts and opinions in order to detect faulty thinking caused by biased
  preconceptions. Although they respect others' rights to opinions, critical thinkers understand
  that not all opinions are accurate or acceptable if they are not founded on strong support.
  Critical thinkers look for sufficient, accurate, and relevant support upon which to base their
  informed opinions (Taylor and Copeland 7).

a. plagiarized
  b. too general
  c. inaccurate
  d. acceptable

Question 2

Which of the following topic sentences present the most clearly stated controlling ideas?

a. You need to know some things before taking an online course.
  b. Succeeding in an online course requires self-discipline, the ability to follow directions, and a
  commitment to meeting deadlines.
  c. Winning the state basketball championship was a great experience.
  d. Winning the state basketball championship brought pride and spirit back to my high school.
  e. When I almost flunked out my first year of college, my best friend gave me help and
  encouragement.
  f. When I almost flunked out my first semester of college, my best friend was there for me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

d. acceptable

Answer to Question 2

b, d, and e
b. Succeeding in an online course requires self-discipline, the ability to follow directions, and a
commitment to meeting deadlines.
d. Winning the state basketball championship brought pride and spirit back to my high school.
e. When I almost flunked out my first year of college, my best friend gave me help and
encouragement.

sheilaspns

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library