Author Question: Which statement by a mother about antiretroviral agents for the management for her 5-year-old child ... (Read 9 times)

CBme

Which statement by a mother about antiretroviral agents for the management for her 5-year-old child with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) indicates that she has a good understanding?

a. When my child's pain increases, I double the recommended dosage of
  antiretroviral medication.
  b. Addiction is a risk, so I only use the medication as ordered.
  c. Doses of the antiretroviral medication are selected on the basis of my child's age
  and growth.
  d. By the time my child is an adolescent she will not need her antiretroviral
  medications any longer.

Question 2

The acronym ________ is used as a reminder that the site of an episiotomy or perineal laceration should be assessed for five physical signs.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

laurnthompson

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback
A Antiretroviral medications are not administered for pain relief. Doubling the
recommended dosage of any medication is not appropriate without an order from
the physician.
B Addiction is not a realistic concern with antiretroviral medications.
C Doses of antiretroviral medication to treat HIV infection for infants and children
are based on individualized age and growth considerations.
D Antiretroviral medications are still needed during adolescence. Doses for
adolescents are based on pubertal status by Tanner staging.

Answer to Question 2

REEDA
The acronym REEDA indicates redness, edema, ecchymosis or bruising, discharge, and
approximation (the edges of the wound should be close). If redness is accompanied by pain
or tenderness, this may indicate infection. Edema may illustrate soft tissue damage and
delay wound healing. There should be no discharge. The edges of the wound should be
closely approximated as if held together by glue.