Author Question: Childbirth may result in injuries to the vagina and uterus. Pelvic floor exercises also known as ... (Read 21 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Childbirth may result in injuries to the vagina and uterus. Pelvic floor exercises also known as Kegel exercises will help to strengthen the perineal muscles and encourage healing.

The nurse knows that the patient understands the correct process for completing these conditioning exercises when she reports a. I contract my thighs, buttocks, and abdomen.
  b. I do 10 of these exercises every day.
  c. I stand while practicing this new exercise routine.
  d. I pretend that I am trying to stop the flow of urine midstream.

Question 2

Informed consent concerning contraceptive use is important because some of the methods

a. Are invasive procedures that require hospitalization
  b. Require a surgical procedure to insert
  c. May not be reliable
  d. Have potentially dangerous side effects

Dnite

Answer to Question 1

D
Feedback
A Each contraction should be as intense as possible without contracting the
abdomen, buttocks, or thighs.
B Guidelines suggest that these exercises should be done 24 to 100 times per day.
Positive results are shown with a minimum of 24 to 45 repetitions per day.
C The best position to learn Kegel exercises is to lie supine with knees bent. A
secondary position is on the hands and knees.
D The woman can pretend that she is attempting to stop the passing of gas, or the
flow of urine midstream. This will replicate the sensation of the muscles drawing
upward and inward.

Answer to Question 2

D
Feedback
A The only contraceptive method that requires hospitalization is sterilization.
B The only surgical procedure used would be for permanent sterilization.
C Some have more effective rates, and this should be included in the teaching.
D It is important for couples to be aware of potential side effects so they can make
an informed decision about the use of contraceptives.