This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement indicates that a father understands the treatment for his child who has scarlet ... (Read 25 times)

@Brianna17

Which statement indicates that a father understands the treatment for his child who has scarlet fever?

a. I can stop the medicine when my child feels better.
  b. I will apply antibiotic cream to her rash twice a day.
  c. I will give the penicillin for the full 10 days.
  d. My child can go back to school when she has been on the antibiotic for a week.

Question 2

A macrosomic infant is born after a difficult, forceps-assisted delivery. After stabilization, the infant is weighed, and the birth weight is 4550 g (9 pounds, 6 ounces). The nurse's most appropriate action is to

a. Leave the infant in the room with the mother.
  b. Take the infant immediately to the nursery.
  c. Perform a gestational age assessment to determine whether the infant is large for
  gestational age.
  d. Monitor blood glucose levels frequently and observe closely for signs of
  hypoglycemia.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kkenney

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback
A The bacteria will not be eradicated if a partial course of antibiotics is given.
B Treatment of scarlet fever does not include topical antibiotic cream.
C It is necessary to give the entire course of antibiotic for 10 to 14 days. Penicillin
is the preferred treatment for any streptococcal infection.
D The child is no longer contagious after 24 hours of antibiotic therapy and can
return to daycare or school.

Answer to Question 2

D
Feedback
A Macrosomic infants are at high risk for hypoglycemia after birth and need to be
observed closely. This can be achieved in the mother's room with nursing
interventions, depending on the condition of the fetus. It may be more
appropriate for observation to occur in the nursery.
B Macrosomic infants are at high risk for hypoglycemia after birth and need to be
observed closely. Observation may occur in the nursery or in the mother's room,
depending on the condition of the fetus.
C Regardless of gestational age, this infant is macrosomic. Macrosomia is defined
as fetal weight over 4000 g. Hypoglycemia affects many macrosomic infants.
Blood glucose levels should be observed closely.
D This infant is macrosomic (over 4000 g) and is at high risk for hypoglycemia.
Blood glucose levels should be monitored frequently, and the infant should be
observed closely for signs of hypoglycemia.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library