Author Question: A postpartum patient asks, Will these stretch marks go away? The nurse's best response is a. They ... (Read 29 times)

Bernana

A postpartum patient asks, Will these stretch marks go away? The nurse's best response is

a. They will continue to fade and should be gone by your 6-week checkup.
  b. No, never.
  c. Yes, eventually.
  d. They will fade to silvery lines but won't disappear completely.

Question 2

Which statement made by an adolescent girl indicates an understanding about the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?

a. I know the only way to prevent STDs is to not be sexually active.
  b. I practice safe sex because I wash myself right after sex.
  c. I won't get any kind of STD because I take the pill.
  d. I only have sex if my boyfriend wears a condom.

yasmina

Answer to Question 1

D
Feedback
A Stretch marks do not disappear.
B This is true, but more information can be added, such as the changes that will
occur with the stretch marks.
C This is not a true statement; they will not disappear.
D Stretch marks never disappear altogether, but they gradually fade to silvery lines.

Answer to Question 2

A
Feedback
A Abstinence is the only foolproof way to prevent an STD.
B STDs are transmitted through body fluids (semen, vaginal fluids, blood).
Perineal hygiene will not prevent an STD.
C Oral contraceptives do not protect women from contracting STDs.
D A condom can reduce but not eliminate an individual's chance of acquiring an
STD.