This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The labor and delivery nurse is using a well-known method to quantify the intensity of labor ... (Read 22 times)

jenna1

The labor and delivery nurse is using a well-known method to quantify the intensity of labor contractions with internal monitoring. This method is known as MVUs, or ______________.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

According to the NICHD Three-Tier System of Fetal Heart Rate Classification, Category III tracings include all FHR tracings not categorized as Category I or II.

Which characteristics of the fetal heart belong in Category III? Select all that apply. a. Baseline rate of 110 to 160 bpm
  b. Tachycardia
  c. Absent baseline variability NOT accompanied by recurrent decelerations
  d. Variable decelerations with other characteristics such as shoulders or overshoots
  e. Absent baseline variability with recurrent variable decelerations
  f. Bradycardia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leannegxo

Answer to Question 1

Montevideo units
The baseline intrauterine pressure for each contraction within a 10-minute period is
subtracted from the peak pressure. The resulting pressures (peak subtract baseline) are
added together to calculate the Montevideo units.

Answer to Question 2

B, D, E, F
Feedback
Correct These characteristics are all considered non-reassuring or abnormal and
belong in Category III.
Incorrect A fetal heart rate of 110 to 160 bpm is considered normal and belongs in
Category I. Absent baseline variability not accompanied by recurrent
decelerations is a Category II characteristic.

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

scottmt

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library