Author Question: An adolescent is receiving methotrexate chemotherapy after undergoing limb salvage surgery for ... (Read 14 times)

james0929

An adolescent is receiving methotrexate chemotherapy after undergoing limb salvage surgery for osteogenic sarcoma. The nurse knows the teen understands the purpose of leucovorin therapy after the methotrexate if the teen says:

1. I'm glad I only need one dose of the leucovorin..
  2. I don't have any pain, so I won't need to take the leucovorin this time..
  3. I know I will be taking the leucovorin every 6 hours for about the next 3 days..
  4. I don't have any nausea, so I won't need the leucovorin..

Question 2

If a woman's menstrual cycle began on June 2 and normally lasts 28 days, ovulation would mostly likely occur on June

a. 10
  b. 16
  c. 21
  d. 29

fdliggud

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:
1. Leucovorin (citrovorum factor) is a form of folic acid that helps to protect normal cells from the destructive action of methotrexate. It is started within 24 hours of methotrexate administration and is given along with hydration therapy. Usual administration is every 6 hours up to 72 hours, or until serum methotrexate is at the desired level.
2. Leucovorin (citrovorum factor) is a form of folic acid that helps to protect normal cells from the destructive action of methotrexate. It is started within 24 hours of methotrexate administration and is given along with hydration therapy. Usual administration is every 6 hours up to 72 hours, or until serum methotrexate is at the desired level.
3. Leucovorin (citrovorum factor) is a form of folic acid that helps to protect normal cells from the destructive action of methotrexate. It is started within 24 hours of methotrexate administration and is given along with hydration therapy. Usual administration is every 6 hours up to 72 hours, or until serum methotrexate is at the desired level.
4. Leucovorin (citrovorum factor) is a form of folic acid that helps to protect normal cells from the destructive action of methotrexate. It is started within 24 hours of methotrexate administration and is given along with hydration therapy. Usual administration is every 6 hours up to 72 hours, or until serum methotrexate is at the desired level.

Answer to Question 2

B
Feedback
A June 10 would just be 8 days into the cycle and too early for ovulation.
B Ovulation occurs approximately 12 to 14 days after the beginning of the
menstrual period in a 28-day cycle. Ovulation normally occurs approximately 14
days before the beginning of the next period.
C June 21 would be 18 days into the cycle. Ovulation should have already occurred
at this point.
D June 29 would be 27 days into the cycle and almost time for the next period.