This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who is 7 months pregnant states, I'm worried that something will happen to my baby. The ... (Read 27 times)

vinney12

A patient who is 7 months pregnant states, I'm worried that something will happen to my baby. The nurse's best response is

a. There is nothing to worry about.
  b. The doctor is taking good care of you and your baby.
  c. Tell me about your concerns.
  d. Your baby is doing fine.

Question 2

Despite popular belief, there is a rare type of hemophilia that affects women of child-bearing age. Von Willebrand disease is the most common of the hereditary bleeding dis-orders and can affect males and females alike.

It results from a factor VIII deficiency and platelet dysfunction. Although factor VIII levels increase naturally during pregnancy, there is an increased risk for postpartum hemorrhage from birth until 4 weeks after delivery as levels of von Willebrand factor (vWf) and factor VIII decrease. The treatment that should be considered first for the patient with von Willebrand disease who experiences a postpartum hemorrhage is: a. Cryoprecipitate.
  b. Factor VIII and vWf.
  c. Desmopressin.
  d. Hemabate.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfasdf

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback
A This statement is belittling the patient's concerns.
B This statement is belittling the patient's concerns by telling her she should not
worry.
C Encouraging the client to discuss her feelings is the best approach. Women
during their third trimester need reassurance that such fears are not unusual in
pregnancy.
D This statement disregards the patient's feelings and treats them as unimportant.

Answer to Question 2

C

Feedback
A Cryoprecipitate may be used; however, because of the risk of possible donor viruses, other modalities are considered safer.
B Treatment with plasma products such as factor VIII and vWf are an acceptable option for this patient. Because of the repeated exposure to donor blood prod-ucts and possible viruses, this is not the initial treatment of choice.
C Desmopressin is the primary treatment of choice. This hormone can be admi-nistered orally, nasally, and intravenously. This medication promotes the release of factor VIII and vWf from storage.
D Although the administration of this prostaglandin is known to promote contrac-tion of the uterus during postpartum hemorrhage, it is not effective for the pa-tient who presents with a bleeding disorder.

vinney12

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library