This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: With regard to miscarriage, nurses should be aware that: a. It is a natural pregnancy loss before ... (Read 22 times)

jon_i

With regard to miscarriage, nurses should be aware that:

a. It is a natural pregnancy loss before labor begins.
  b. It occurs in fewer than 5 of all clinically recognized pregnancies.
  c. It often can be attributed to careless maternal behavior such as poor nutrition or excessive exercise.
  d. If it occurs before the twelfth week of pregnancy, it may present only as moderate discomfort and blood loss.

Question 2

An HIV-positive client has recently delivered a healthy infant at term by cesarean section for fetal distress. Which statement made by the client indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I really wanted to breastfeed but can't in order to protect my baby.
  b. My baby will need to be followed more closely than most babies.
  c. The cesarean section will prevent my baby from being infected.
  d. HIV tests on my baby may not be accurate at this time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

matt95

Answer to Question 1

D

Feedback
A Miscarriage is a natural pregnancy loss, but by definition, it occurs before 20 weeks of gestation, before the fetus is viable.
B Miscarriages occur in approximately 10 to 15 of all clinically recognized pregnancies.
C Miscarriage can be caused by a number of disorders or illnesses outside of the mother's control or knowledge.
D Before the sixth week, the only evidence might be a heavy menstrual flow. After the twelfth week, more severe pain, similar to that of labor, is likely.

Answer to Question 2

C
The mother's comment that The cesarean section will prevent my baby from being infected.
indicates that the mother does not understand about HIV transmission. The other options indicate that the mother understands.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library