This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: At 17 weeks' gestation, a type I diabetic undergoes an ultrasound examination. What information ... (Read 56 times)

corkyiscool3328

At 17 weeks' gestation, a type I diabetic undergoes an ultrasound examination. What information about the fetus at this time in pregnancy will the results of this examination provide?

a. Estimated fetal weight c. Gestational age
  b. Fetal lung maturity d. Placental maturity

Question 2

The substance in the lungs that is responsible for normal lung expansion and function is ___________________ _.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

raili21

Answer to Question 1

C
The primary purpose for performing ultrasound at 17 weeks' gestation is to determine gestational age of the fetus. Although estimated fetal weight may be obtained through ultrasound, it is not the most important factor. At 17 weeks, fetal lung maturity is not an ultrasound finding. Placental maturity is not an ultrasound finding at 17 weeks' gestation.

Answer to Question 2

surfactant

corkyiscool3328

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library