This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The second period of reactivity of the infant is characterized by which of the following? (Select ... (Read 19 times)

nramada

The second period of reactivity of the infant is characterized by which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. Transient grunting
  b. Decrease in gagging
  c. Heart and respiratory accelerations
  d. Decrease in peristalsis
  e. May have first meconium stool
  f. Increased responsiveness to external stimuli

Question 2

A pregnant woman has developed varicosities. Which of the following statements would suggest she needs additional health teaching?

A) I maintain a high fluid intake.
  B) I'll try not to stand for long periods.
  C) I dorsiflex my feet and ankles frequently.
  D) I wear knee-highs rather than pantyhose.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wtf444

Answer to Question 1

A, C, E, F
The second period of reactivity of the infant is characterized by: transient grunting, retractions, rales and rhonchi; increase in peristalsis, may have first meconium stool; increase in hiccoughs, gagging, and spitting up; heart and respiratory accelerations; and increased responsiveness to external stimuli.

Answer to Question 2

D

nramada

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library