This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient situation fails to meet the first requirement of informed consent? a. The patient ... (Read 16 times)

nmorano1

Which patient situation fails to meet the first requirement of informed consent?

a. The patient does not understand the physician's explanations.
  b. The physician gives the patient only a partial list of possible side effects and
  complications.
  c. The patient is confused and disoriented.
  d. The patient signs a consent form because her husband tells her to.

Question 2

The school health nurse is working with a parentchild group discussing sex education. Which statement by a parent or child requires further teaching by the nurse?

1. I know girls can develop early. I was only 8 years old when I developed breasts..
  2. I plan to speak with my daughter about her sexuality only after she reads the books I purchased for her..
  3. My school nurse talked with us about getting a period, the child giggles.
  4. My friends like to talk about sex. Lots of us have older sisters who dress sexy..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

1_Step_At_ATime

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback
A Understanding is an important element of the consent, but first the patient has to
be competent to sign.
B Full disclosure of information is an important element of the consent, but first
the patient has to be competent to sign.
C The first requirement of informed consent is that the patient must be competent
to make decisions about health care.
D Voluntary consent is an important element of the consent, but first the patient has
to be competent to sign.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Girls can begin secondary sex characteristic development at 8 years old.
2. It is appropriate for a parent to discuss concepts of sexuality after the child completes some appropriate reading.
3. School-age children often laugh or giggle after discussions at school about secondary sex characteristics.
4. The school-age child who is being influenced by an older sibling is at risk for inappropriate behaviors, and needs further teaching.

nmorano1

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

patma1981

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library