Author Question: As a result of changes in health care delivery and funding, a current trend seen in the pediatric ... (Read 13 times)

corkyiscool3328

As a result of changes in health care delivery and funding, a current trend seen in the pediatric setting is:

a. Increased hospitalization of children
  b. Decreased number of children living in poverty
  c. An increase in ambulatory care
  d. Decreased use of managed care

Question 2

A nurse is providing a client with instructions regarding breast self-examination (BSE). Which of the following statements by the client would indicate that the teaching has been successful? Select all that apply.

1. I should perform BSE 1 week prior to the start of my period.
  2. When I reach menopause, I will perform BSE every 2 months.
  3. Knowing the texture of my breasts is important.
  4. I should inspect my breasts while standing with my arms down at my sides.
  5. I should inspect my breasts while in a supine position with my arms at my sides.
  Correct

olivia_paige29

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback
A Hospitalization for children has decreased.
B Health care delivery has not altered the number of children living in poverty.
C One effect of managed care has been that pediatric health care delivery has
shifted dramatically from the acute care setting to the ambulatory setting. One of
the biggest changes in health care has been the growth of managed care. The
number of hospital beds being used has decreased as more care is given in
outpatient settings and in the home. The number of children living in poverty has
increased over the last decade.
D Managed care has increased in order to control cost.

Answer to Question 2

3; 4
Rationale:
1. BSE should be performed 1 week after the start of each menstrual period.
2. BSE should be performed monthly, on the same day each month, during menopause.
3. A woman who knows the texture and feel of her own breasts is far more likely to detect changes that develop. The breasts should be inspected while standing with arms at sides.
4. A woman who knows the texture and feel of her own breasts is far more likely to detect changes that develop. The breasts should be inspected while standing with arms at sides.
5. Supine is not a correct position for BSE.