This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An RN working the 11 to 7 shift on Saturday night receives the following phone call from a recently ... (Read 29 times)

lb_gilbert

An RN working the 11 to 7 shift on Saturday night receives the following phone call from a recently discharged client, I'm breastfeeding and my nipples are getting very sore. My baby is nursing every 4 hours for about 10 minutes on each side.

Do you have any suggestions for me? What is the best response to this inquiry? a. Feed from only one breast each feeding to allow each side time to heal.
  b. It may help to nurse your baby more fre-quently and alternate positions.
  c. Remove a nipple from one of the sample bottles you received and use it to protect your nipple while you nurse.
  d. Try giving your baby formula for a day until your nipples heal.

Question 2

One of your clients comes to the clinic for her regular physical. She complains that she has been having chronic back pain. The physician orders a series of tests. The results of the tests are negative.

You decide to encourage the client to explore which of the following movement techniques? a. Yoga c. Alexander technique
  b. Pilates d. Feldenkrais

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

B
More frequent nursing and alternating positions should decrease the pressure on the nipples. She also should be sure to air dry her nipples after each feeding. Using a nipple shield usually is reserved for use with cracked nipples. Giving the baby formula for a day until the nipples heal is inappropriate, as it will decrease the mother's milk supply.

Answer to Question 2

C
Alexander technique is a form of body technique or postural therapy that works on proper alignment of head, neck, and spine. This alignment is thought to improve physical and psychologic well-being. Relearning better alignment and posture has been associated with reduction in chronic pain from previous injuries or poor posture.

lb_gilbert

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library