This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a child hospitalized with Reye's syndrome. The nurse would closely monitor ... (Read 90 times)

clmills979

The nurse is caring for a child hospitalized with Reye's syndrome. The nurse would closely monitor the child for which of the following during the acute stage?

A) Increased intracranial pressure
  B) An increase in the blood glucose level
  C) A decrease in liver enzymes
  D) Protein in the urine

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a pregnant woman with type 1 diabetes about her diet during pregnancy. Which client statement indicates that the nurse's teaching was successful?

A) I'll basically follow the same diet that I was following before I became pregnant.
  B) Because I need extra protein, I'll have to increase my intake of milk and meat.
  C) Pregnancy affects insulin production, so I'll need to make adjustments in my diet.
  D) I'll adjust my diet and insulin based on the results of my urine tests for glucose.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fffftttt

Answer to Question 1

A
Response:
Reye's syndrome is characterized by encephalopathy and liver dysfunction; therefore, increased intracranial pressure could occur. Blood glucose usually decreases and liver enzymes increase. Protein in the urine is not seen with this illness.

Answer to Question 2

C
Response:
In pregnancy, placental hormones cause insulin resistance at a level that tends to parallel growth of the fetoplacental unit. Nutritional management focuses on maintaining balanced glucose levels. Thus, the woman will probably need to make adjustments in her diet. Protein needs increase during pregnancy, but this is unrelated to diabetes. Blood glucose monitoring results typically guide therapy.

clmills979

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library