This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The United States ranks 21st in terms of worldwide infant mortality rates. Which factor has the ... (Read 59 times)

jon_i

The United States ranks 21st in terms of worldwide infant mortality rates. Which factor has the greatest impact on decreasing the mortality rate of infants?

a. Resolving all language and cultural differences
  b. Enrolling pregnant women in the Medicaid program by the eighth month of pregnancy
  c. Ensuring early and adequate prenatal care
  d. Providing more women's shelters

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a 9-year-old boy with achondroplasia. Which set of characteristics is typical of this disorder?

A) Narrow passages from the nose to the throat
  B) Slim stature, hypotonia, and a narrow face
  C) Craniosynostosis and a small nasopharynx
  D) Trident hand and persistent otitis media

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Beatricemm

Answer to Question 1

C
Language and cultural differences are not infant mortality issues but must be addressed to improve overall health care. Medicaid provides health care for poor pregnant women, but the process may take weeks to take effect. The eighth month is too late to apply and receive benefits for this pregnancy. Because preterm infants form the largest category of those needing expensive intensive care, early pregnancy intervention is essential for decreasing infant mortality. The women in shelters have the same difficulties in obtaining health care as other poor people, particularly lack of transportation and inconvenient hours of the clinics.

Answer to Question 2

D

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library