This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Of all of the signs seen in infants with respiratory distress syndrome, which one is especially ... (Read 41 times)

silviawilliams41

Of all of the signs seen in infants with respiratory distress syndrome, which one is especially indicative of the syndrome?

a. Pulse greater than 160 beats/minute
  b. Circumoral cyanosis
  c. Grunting
  d. Substernal retractions

Question 2

Which of the following statements by a parent indicates a need for the nurse to intervene with teaching?

a. My 5-month-old infant has been drooling, biting, and running a fever for the past few days. I think he's teething.
  b. Jennifer's eyes sometimes cross. But I know that this is normal in 1-month-old babies.
  c. My neighbor has been giving her baby solids since he was 8 weeks old. I think I'll wait until my baby is about 5 months old.
  d. I put my newborn baby on her side when she goes to sleep. I understand this is the best position.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SAUXC

Answer to Question 1

C
Grunting increases the pressure inside the alveoli to keep them open when surfactant is insufficient.

Answer to Question 2

A
Although drooling and biting are signs of teething, a fever should always be considered a sign of illness.

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Laurenleakan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library