This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new father states, I know nothing about babies, but he seems to be interested in learning. The ... (Read 8 times)

folubunmi

A new father states, I know nothing about babies, but he seems to be interested in learning. The nurse should:

a. Continue to observe his interaction with the newborn.
  b. Tell him when he does something wrong.
  c. Show no concern because he will learn on his own.
  d. Include him in teaching sessions.

Question 2

To increase the absorption of iron in a pregnant woman, an iron preparation should be given with:

a. Milk.
  b. Tea.
  c. Orange juice.
  d. Coffee.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

D
The nurse must be sensitive to the father's needs and include him whenever possible.
It is important to note the bonding process of the mother and the father, but that does not satisfy the expressed needs of the father.
He should be encouraged by pointing out the correct procedures he does. By criticizing he will be discouraged.
This is not a nursing role. Nurses need to be sensitive to clients' needs.

Answer to Question 2

C
A vitamin C source may increase the absorption of iron.
The calcium and phosphorus in milk decrease iron absorption.
Tannin in the tea reduces the absorption of iron.
Decreased intake of caffeine is recommended during pregnancy.

folubunmi

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bitingbit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library