Author Question: The nurse is teaching a pregnant woman with diabetes about her diet during pregnancy. Which client ... (Read 117 times)

beccaep

The nurse is teaching a pregnant woman with diabetes about her diet during pregnancy. Which client statement indicates that the nurse's teaching was successful?

A) I'll basically follow the same diet that I was following before I became pregnant.
  B) Because I need extra protein, I'll have to increase my intake of milk and meat.
  C) Pregnancy affects insulin production so I'll need to make adjustments in my diet.
  D) I'll adjust my diet and insulin based on the results of my urine tests for glucose.

Question 2

Which drug would the nurse anticipate administering to a client in preterm labor to promote fetal lung maturity?

A) Naloxone B) Terbutaline C) Betamethasone D) Magnesium sulfate

emily12345

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library