This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching experienced postpartum nurses about home care visits. Which statements ... (Read 56 times)

Pineappleeh

The nurse is teaching experienced postpartum nurses about home care visits. Which statements indicate that teaching was effective? Select all that apply.

1. I should tell the family to put any guns or knives away.
  2. It is best to wear professional street clothes to visits.
  3. If I encounter a crime in progress, I should leave the area.
  4. Jewelry is a good way to demonstrate my professionalism.
  5. Ignoring my gut' feelings might lead to an unsafe situation.
  Correct

Question 2

The neonate was born 5 minutes ago. The body is bluish. The heart rate is 150. The infant is crying strongly. The infant cries when the sole of the foot is stimulated. The arms and legs are flexed and resist straightening.

What should the nurse record as this infant's Apgar score? 1. 7
  2. 8
  3. 9
  4. 10

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trog

Answer to Question 1

3, 5
Rationale:
1. The nurse should leave immediately if guns or knives are visible.
2. It is best to wear clothing that identifies the nurse as a health care professional, such as scrubs or a lab coat.
3. Personal safety is paramount. If a crime is encountered, the nurse should leave immediately and call 911.
4. Jewelry should be avoided, as it might make the nurse a target of robbery.
5. When a situation feels instinctually unsafe, the nurse should leave immediately.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Each category except skin color earns 2 points. This Apgar score is 8.
2. The strong cry earns 2 points. The crying with foot sole stimulation earns 2 points. The limb flexion and resistance earns 2 points. Bluish color earns 0 points. The Apgar score is 8.
3. Each category except skin color earns 2 points. This Apgar score is 8.
4. Each category except skin color earns 2 points. This Apgar score is 8.

Pineappleeh

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library