This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While the nurse is bathing a 7-year-old child, the child states, I get so sad when my mom leaves. ... (Read 13 times)

robinn137

While the nurse is bathing a 7-year-old child, the child states, I get so sad when my mom leaves. The response that ignores the importance of the child's feelings is:

1. Could you explain to me what you mean by sad?

2. Can you tell me more about how it makes you feel when your mom leaves?

3. Your mother has to take care of your brothers and sisters too. She will be back tomorrow.

4. I will stay with you tonight while your mother is away.

Question 2

The nurse understands that the consequences of unrelieved pain can cause an increase in:

1. Stress.
   2. Sleep.
   3. Healing.
   4. Addiction.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

courtney_bruh

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:

1. Asking the child to explain what is meant lets the child know the feelings experienced are important to the nurse.
2. The nurse's wanting to know more about the child's feelings conveys caring for the child, and is therapeutic.
3. This response ignores the importance of the child's expressed feelings and conveys disinterest in the child.
4. Staying with the child might alleviate some fear of being alone, and might facilitate expression of feelings and establish trust and rapport in the nurseclient relationship.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Unrelieved pain is stressful, and has many undesirable physiologic consequences.
2. Unrelieved pain can make it difficult to obtain restful sleep.
3. Healing is delayed when pain is not adequately relieved.
4. There is no correlation between unrelieved pain and addiction.

robinn137

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library