This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An important goal for pediatric nurses in the office or health care setting is: 1. Develop a ... (Read 32 times)

SGallaher96

An important goal for pediatric nurses in the office or health care setting is:

1. Develop a positive relationship with the child and family.
  2. Tell the family immediately what's wrong with the child.
  3. Tell the family Everything will be okay.
  4. Develop a plan of care with the physician for the family.

Question 2

Which parent statement shows understanding of the cause of the child's genetic condition in such a way that the nurse can document that no further teaching about the cause is needed?

1. I was angry on the day he was conceived; that is why he got this sickness.
  2. My nephews had chickenpox in my seventh month of pregnancy with my son, so that is how he got this way.
  3. My child has this disease because the code in the genes just changed, and it is no one's fault.
  4. Our child is like this because I sunbathed too much during the pregnancy when I carried him.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frankwu0507

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:
1. An important goal for nurses in the office or health care setting is to develop a positive partnership with the child and family so that optimal health care is provided. The relationship with the family grows over the months and years of providing care to the child and family.
2. The nurse might not be able to tell the family what is wrong with the child.
3. This is not therapeutic communication, as the nurse cannot guarantee that everything will be okay.
4. The nurse does not develop a plan for medical care, with or without the physician.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: It needs to be reinforced to parents that the child's condition is not because of something the parent did or did not do during the pregnancy. The parent needs to know the child has a genetic code that tells the cells to be this way because of changes in the genes.
Rationale 2: The mother needs to understand that the child's condition was not caused by an intrauterine infection or exposure to illness during her pregnancy.
Rationale 3: Scientific understanding of actual reason for a genetic condition will alleviate or reduce the guilt and shame that are wrongfully felt when the parent has misguided beliefs about its causes.
Rationale 4: The mother needs to understand that the child's condition is caused by a genetic condition. This will reduce shame and guilt on the mother's part.
Global Rationale:

SGallaher96

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library