This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which parent comment shows understanding of the cause of the child's genetic condition in such a way ... (Read 19 times)

kwoodring

Which parent comment shows understanding of the cause of the child's genetic condition in such a way that the nurse can document that no further teaching about the cause is needed?

1. Our child is like this because I sunbathed too much during the pregnancy when I carried him.

2. My nephews had chickenpox in my seventh month of pregnancy with him, so he got this way.

3. My child has this disease because the code in the genes just changed, and it is no one's fault.

4. I was angry on the day when he was conceived in the womb; that is why he got this sickness.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching the parents of a patient who is newly diagnosed with cystic fibrosis how to administer the pancreatic enzymes. The nurse will advise the parents to administer the enzymes:

1. qid (four times daily).
  2. bid (twice daily).
  3. With meals and snacks.
  4. Every six hours around the clock.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickyvicksss

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:

1. It needs to be reinforced to parents that the child is not this way because of something the parent did or did not do during the pregnancy, and she is not afflicted because of a superstitious credence, a sinful behavior, or a cultural belief. The parent needs to know the child has a genetic code that tells the cells to be this way, because of changes in the genes.
2. It needs to be reinforced to parents that the child is not this way because of something the parent did or did not do during the pregnancy, and she is not afflicted because of a superstitious credence, a sinful behavior, or a cultural belief. The parent needs to know the child has a genetic code that tells the cells to be this way, because of changes in the genes.
3. Scientific understanding of actual reason for a genetic condition will alleviate or reduce the guilt and shame that are wrongfully felt when the parent has misguided beliefs about its causes. 4. It needs to be reinforced to parents that the child is not this way because of something the parent did or did not do during the pregnancy, and she is not afflicted because of a superstitious credence, a sinful behavior, or a cultural belief. The parent needs to know the child has a genetic code that tells the cells to be this way, because of changes in the genes.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: A scheduled time would not be appropriate because the enzymes are used to assist in digestion of nutrients.
Rationale 2: A scheduled time would not be appropriate because the enzymes are used to assist in digestion of nutrients.
Rationale 3: Pancreatic enzymes are administered with meals and large snacks.
Rationale 4: A scheduled time would not be appropriate because the enzymes are used to assist in digestion of nutrients.
Global

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Excellent

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library