Author Question: As a component of the family assessment, the family assists the nurse in developing an ecomap. Prior ... (Read 61 times)

luvbio

As a component of the family assessment, the family assists the nurse in developing an ecomap. Prior to beginning the ecomap, the nurse explains that the ecomap:

1. Provides information about the family structure including family life events, health, and illness.
  2. Illustrates family relationships and interactions with community activities including school, parental jobs, and children's activities.
  3. Is a short questionnaire of five questions that measures family growth, affection, and resolve.
  4. Is a family assessment that consists of three categories of information about the family's strengths and problems.

Question 2

An adolescent who recently moved to a new school in a different town presents to an ambulatory care center and describes the following: I have no friends in my new school, and I no longer want to go to college. I know I will be lonely there, too.

Which of the following takes priority when speaking with the adolescent? 1. Helping the adolescent realize the value of postsecondary education
  2. Promoting healthy mental health outcomes
  3. Acknowledging the fact that it takes several months to make new friends at a new school due to adolescent exclusion behaviors
  4. Stressing the importance of remaining in a close parentchild relationship during these stressful times

rachel

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Information of this type is called a genogram.
Rationale 2: This is the description of the ecogram.
Rationale 3: The five-item questionnaire measuring family growth, affection, resolve, adaptability, and partnership is a Family Apgar.
Rationale 4: This describes a Calgary Family Assessment Model.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. It would not be appropriate to discuss the importance of a college education at this time, since the adolescent must deal with the loss of friends and with developing new friends first.
2. The adolescent is obviously lonely with the move to the new school. The nurse should focus on appropriate coping skills, which will enhance good mental health outcomes for the child.
3. It would be more upsetting to the adolescent if the nurse made this comment.
4. The parentchild relationship should not be used as a substitute for the development of new peer relationships.