Author Question: A seven-year-old client tells you, Grandpa, Mommy, Daddy, and my brother live at my house. The nurse ... (Read 44 times)

tuffie

A seven-year-old client tells you, Grandpa, Mommy, Daddy, and my brother live at my house. The nurse identifies this family type as a(n):

1. Extended family.
  2. Traditional nuclear family.
  3. Binuclear family.
  4. Heterosexual cohabitating family.

Question 2

The nurse is evaluating an infant for dehydration. Which assessment provides the most accurate information on dehydration?

1. Urine output
  2. Urine specific gravity
  3. The infant's vital signs
  4. Weight loss

Jane

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: An extended family contains a parent or a couple who share the house with their children and another adult relative.
Rationale 2: The traditional nuclear family consists of both biological parents, the children, and no other relatives or persons living in the household.
Rationale 3: A binuclear family includes divorced parents who have joint custody of their biological children; the children alternate spending varying amounts of time in the home of each parent.
Rationale 4: A heterosexual cohabitating family consists of a heterosexual couple, with or without children, living together outside of marriage.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The infant is unable to concentrate urine and will continue to void dilute urine.
Rationale 2: The infant's kidney is immature and unable to concentrate urine.
Rationale 3: Pulse will elevate and blood pressure may drop, but the other vital sign findings will remain unchanged. However, this is not the best assessment of dehydration.
Rationale 4: Daily weights on an infant provide the most accurate assessment of fluid balance.
Global