This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In caring for a child who has been admitted after being sexually abused, which of the following ... (Read 44 times)

krzymel

In caring for a child who has been admitted after being sexually abused, which of the following interventions would be included in the child's plan of care?

A) Observe for signs of anxiety.
  B) Weigh on the same scale each day.
  C) Encourage frequent family visits.
  D) Test the urine for glucose upon admission.

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing the caregiver of a 5-year-old child who has been admitted with bruises on the abdomen and thighs, as well as additional bruises in various stages of healing.

Which of the following statements made by the caregiver might alert the health care team to the possibility of child abuse?
  A) His brother just plays too rough with him.
  B) My child goes to daycare after school.
  C) He just learned to ride his bicycle.
  D) When he is in trouble I make him go to his room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TheNamesImani

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

krzymel

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library