This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Fourteen-year-old Freddy has come to his primary care physician's office for a routine well-child ... (Read 17 times)

james0929

Fourteen-year-old Freddy has come to his primary care physician's office for a routine well-child visit. In reading the child's history, the nurse notes that Freddy's father suffers from alcoholism.

If Freddy's mother makes the following statements, regarding which statement would it be most important for the nurse to gather further data?
  A) I wish there was a blood test for alcoholism. I know Freddy is at risk.
  B) Our next door neighbor is older than Freddy and he drinks when they hang out together.
  C) I think I know how Freddy feels about drinking. He has had substance abuse education in school.
  D) Sometimes Freddy asks me questions about his father's low tolerance for alcohol.

Question 2

The caregiver of a fifth-grade boy calls the pediatrician's office and reports that her son has been scratching at his groin for a week or so. Despite his need for privacy, he's finally allowed the caregiver to look at the groin area.

The caregiver describes the area to the nurse saying, It looks like black pin dots that seem to have dark tails. The nurse suspects that the child may have which of the following?
  A) Lice
  B) Scabies
  C) Ringworm
  D) Prickly heat

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

flannelavenger

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library