Author Question: In an attempt to control Medicare costs, the government developed a system that predetermines rates ... (Read 16 times)

tsand2

In an attempt to control Medicare costs, the government developed a system that predetermines rates to be paid to the health care provider. The rates are paid regardless of the costs that the health care provider actually incurs.

What is this system called?
  A) Ambulatory payment classifications (APCs).
  B) Cost sharing
  C) Diagnosis-related groups (DRGs).
  D) Prospective payment system

Question 2

In interacting for several days with a dying child, the nurse realizes that the child has not mentioned death. There are some dead flowers in a vase on the child's windowsill.

The child looks at the flowers and says, Did they die? Which of the following statements would be the most appropriate for the nurse to make to give the child an opportunity to open up and talk about dying?
  A) These flowers don't seem to be alive anymore. I'll take them away.
  B) These flowers are dead now. What do you think it would be like to die?
  C) I'm going to throw these flowers in the trash, okay?
  D) Well, these flowers aren't very cheerful anymore. I'll get rid of them.

marict

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B