This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: With regard to a woman's reordering of personal relationships during pregnancy, the maternity nurse ... (Read 44 times)

jessicacav

With regard to a woman's reordering of personal relationships during pregnancy, the maternity nurse should understand that:

a. Because of the special motherhood bond, a woman's relationship with her mother is even more important than with the father of the child.
  b. Nurses need not get involved in any sexual issues the couple has during pregnancy, particularly if they have trouble communicating them to each other.
  c. Women usually express two major relationship needs during pregnancy: feeling loved and valued and having the child accepted by the father.
  d. The woman's sexual desire is likely to be highest in the first trimester because of the excitement and because intercourse is physically easier.

Question 2

What represents a typical progression through the phases of a woman's establishing a relationship with the fetus?

a. Accepts the fetus as distinct from herselfaccepts the biologic fact of pregnancyhas a feeling of caring and responsibility
  b. Fantasizes about the child's gender and personalityviews the child as part of herselfbecomes introspective
  c. Views the child as part of herselfhas feelings of well-beingaccepts the biologic fact of pregnancy
  d. I am pregnant.I am going to have a baby.I am going to be a mother.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mbcrismon

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Love and support help a woman feel better about her pregnancy. The most important person to the pregnant woman is usually the father. Nurses can facilitate communication between partners about sexual matters if, as is common, they are nervous about expressing their worries and feelings. The second trimester is the time when a woman's sense of well-being, along with certain physical changes, increases her desire for sex. Desire is decreased in the first and third trimesters.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The woman first centers on herself as pregnant, then on the baby as an entity separate from herself, and then on her responsibilities as a mother. The expressions, I am pregnant, I am going to have a baby, and I am going to be a mother sum up the progression through the three phases.

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library