Author Question: Which of the following statement indicates that a new mother needs additional teaching? A) I need ... (Read 26 times)

sheilaspns

Which of the following statement indicates that a new mother needs additional teaching?

A) I need to supervise my cat when she is in the same room as my baby.
  B) I will place my baby on her back when she is sleeping.
  C) I will not leave my baby on an elevated flat surface after she is able to turn over on her own.
  D) I have asked my husband to install safety latches on the lower cabinets.

Question 2

The perinatal nurse encourages all mothers to place their infants under 12 months of age in the supine position for sleeping, because a leading cause of death for this age group is ___________________ ______________.

Fill in the blank with the appropriate word.

Rilsmarie951

Answer to Question 1

C
I will not leave my baby on an elevated flat surface after she is able to turn over on her own.

Answer to Question 2

sudden infant death syndrome

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library