This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A primigravida patient at 38 weeks gestation calls the triage nurse to determine whether or not to ... (Read 44 times)

misspop

A primigravida patient at 38 weeks gestation calls the triage nurse to determine whether or not to go to the hospital for a labor assessment. The nurse suggests that the patient proceed to the hospital when the woman states which of the following?

A) I leak urine from my bladder every time I strain or sneeze.
  B) I went to the bathroom and saw a mucus plug on the toilet tissue.
  C) I am timing my contractions and they are coming every 15 minutes.
  D) I am having trouble walking and talking during contractions.

Question 2

A ferning test is being performed in triage on vaginal discharge of a woman at 36 weeks gestation. Which of the following information will the nurse learn from the test?

A) Whether the woman ovulated or not
  B) The acidity level of the mucus
  C) Whether the mucus is high in estrogen or not
  D) The motility of sperm after coitus

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jonathanballen97

Answer to Question 1

D
I am having trouble walking and talking during contractions.

Answer to Question 2

C
Whether the mucus is high in estrogen or not

misspop

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

hramirez205

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library