This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching the parents of a healthy newborn about infant safety. Which of the following ... (Read 21 times)

ENagel

The nurse is teaching the parents of a healthy newborn about infant safety. Which of the following should be included in the teaching plan?

a. Water temperature for the infant's bath should be 39C.
  b. Crib slates should be a maximum of 3 inches apart.
  c. Cover electrical outlets once the infant is crawling.
  d. Remove strings from infant sleepwear.

Question 2

Which of the following statements indicates that a new mother needs additional teaching?

a. I need to supervise my cat when she is in the same room as my baby.
  b. I will place my baby on her back when she is sleeping.
  c. I will not leave my baby on an elevated flat surface after she is able to turn over on her own.
  d. I have asked my husband to install safety latches on the lower cabinets.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

al

Answer to Question 1

ANS: d
Feedback
a. Water temperature should be 38C.
b. Crib slates should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches.
c. Electrical covers should be covered before the infant begins to crawl, because infants can roll around to move and reach outlets before they crawl.
d. Strings should be removed from bedding, sleepwear, pacifiers, and other objects that come in contact with the infant to decrease the risk of strangulation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: c
Feedback
a. Pets should always be supervised when in the same room as the infant, because they can intentionally and unintentionally harm the infant.
b. True statement.
c. Newborns/infants should never be left on an elevated flat surface because they may roll or wiggle and fall off.
d. True statement.

ENagel

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

billybob123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library